I haven’t blogged in a while, mostly because I’ve been busy with my postgrad. In fact, that’s what I should be working on now. Anyway, let’s make this (non-exhaustive) thing short and snappy.
- Repeal the fucking Eighth Amendment already.
- Scrap section 37.
- I never, EVER want to see another male abuser of women or girls escape a jail sentence because he could produce a wad of notes to wave in the judge’s face.
- In an addition to the above, I never wish to hear the words “He was from an upstanding family”, “pillar of the community” or any other qualifiers like that coming from the mouth of a judge in relation to a rapist or an abuser.
- I want to see rape culture dismantled. I want zero tolerance on rape jokes. I never want to hear about a rape victims clothing, sex life or previous boyfriends. IT IS NOT RELEVANT.
- I want contraception to be freely accessible.
- I want to see kyriarchy dismantled. I’m not here for Lean-In, corporate, book-deal feminism that only lets white, cis, wealthy, well-connected women swap places with men at the top of the pile.
- I want to see an end to white supremacist feminism.
- I want transphobia and whorephobia to have absolutely no place in feminism and society in general.
- I want to see an end to ableism.
- I want the Magdalene survivors to get justice in their lifetime.
- I want so-called feminist organisations to stop oppressing my sisters who do sex work. Using state violence to deprive women of a living is not my feminism.
- I want reproductive justice.
Those are just a few thoughts that immediately spring to mind, this list is far from exhaustive, as I said. I hope all my sisters have a wonderful, peaceful and happy international women’s day.